Our Purpose / BroadbandTV wanted to evolve its messaging in the press to encompass its shifted focus on helping content creators become more successful online. As one of the largest multi-channel networks on YouTube, the company also wanted a shared voice amongst its competitors on industry news being reported on in the media.
Our Approach / We leveraged Shahrzad Rafati, the company’s founder as an expert in the online video space and proactively communicated her ideas to media while submitting her for relevant speaking opportunities and awards. This later expanded to multiple spokespeople in the company.
Our Impact /
- Digi Awards for Canada’s Top Digital Media Company (2012)
- Digi Award for Executive of the Year (2013)
- Business in Vancouver’s 40 Under 40 (2012)
- Business in Vancouver’s BC CEO Awards (2013)
- Canada’s Up & Coming Tech Companies by PwC (2013)
- YWCA’s Women of Distinction Award for Entrepreneurism (2013)
- Ernst & Young’s Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year (Pacific, 2013)
Forbes, San Francisco Chronicle, Ad Age, Huffington Post Technology, VentureBeat, Variety, BNN, Canadian Business, National Post, Globe and Mail, Vancouver Sun, BC Business and many more.
In June of 2013, the company secured an initial $36 million investment from Europe’s largest media conglomerate, RTL Group – the largest investment into an Internet media company in six years.
List of services provided
- Media Relations
- Awards & Speaking Outreach
- Digital & Social Media
- Thought Leadership Strategy